How to Volunteer for CCSS
To join our dedicated and fun loving team of community minded individuals please email our Executive Director at email@example.com and reference CCSS Volunteer in the subject line.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Cumberland Rotary Dinner– Serve at Rotary dinner on the evening of Saturday October 5th. By providing volunteers for this event, CCSS will receive a donation.
Bingo helpers– Help with concession, cash and handing out Bingo cards. Wednesdays 6:30- 10 PM all year round. Volunteers don’t need to commit to being there every week, even a few times a year is helpful.
Bingo callers– Volunteer bingo callers needed. Wednesdays 6:30- 9:30 PM all year round. Volunteers don’t have to commit to every week!
Mountain Bike Ride Leaders- Help with our after-school Mountain Bike Club. Thursdays 2:45- 5 PM, September to November. Offered by CCSS and UROC, this program provides an opportunity for students of all skill levels to ride in a supportive group setting. Ride leaders are responsible for leading a small group (with another ride leader) and encouraging a positive environment.
Volunteer Ride Leaders must:
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check
- Be a current UROC member
- Be familiar with the Cumberland Trail Network
- Enjoy working with children & youth
- Have the ability to handle minor mechanical bike repairs (ie. Change a flat tube, adjust brakes)
After-School Programs- Facilitate or help with a variety of after-school programs for children in grades K-9. September- June.
Kitchen Help- Volunteer in the kitchen with our Healthy Food Program. Monday- Thursday, various time slots. October 2019 – June 2020.
Santa’s Breakfast- This community event is a Cumberland tradition and in important fundraiser for CCSS. The date is set for Sunday December 1st, 2019. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following tasks:
- Silent Auction– Work with team leader to help solicit donations.
- Decorating the hall– Saturday November 30, 4 PM until finished. Pizza is provided for volunteers.
- Arts & Crafts– Organize and/or run craft tables on the day of the event.
- Wreath making– Help with wreath making table on the day of the event.
- Tear down– Sunday December 1st, 11:30 AM.
Please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.