How to Volunteer for CCSS
To join our dedicated and fun loving team of community minded individuals please email our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference CCSS Volunteer in the subject line.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Bingo helpers– Help with concession, cash and handing out Bingo cards. Wednesdays 6:30- 10 PM all year round. Volunteers don’t need to commit to being there every week, even a few times a year is helpful.
Bingo callers– Volunteer bingo callers needed. Wednesdays 6:30- 9:30 PM all year round. Volunteers don’t have to commit to every week!
Mountain Bike Ride Leaders- Help with our after-school Mountain Bike Club. Thursdays 2:45- 5 PM, September to November. Offered by CCSS and UROC, this program provides an opportunity for students of all skill levels to ride in a supportive group setting. Ride leaders are responsible for leading a small group (with another ride leader) and encouraging a positive environment.
Volunteer Ride Leaders must:
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check
- Be a current UROC member
- Be familiar with the Cumberland Trail Network
- Enjoy working with children & youth
- Have the ability to handle minor mechanical bike repairs (ie. Change a flat tube, adjust brakes)
After-School Programs- Facilitate or help with a variety of after-school programs for children in grades K-9. September- June.
Kitchen Help- Volunteer in the kitchen with our Healthy Food Program. Monday- Thursday, various time slots. October 2019 – June 2020.
Santa’s Breakfast- This community event is a Cumberland tradition and in important fundraiser for CCSS. The date is set for Sunday December 1st, 2019. We are looking for volunteers to help with the following tasks:
- Silent Auction– Work with team leader to help solicit donations.
- Decorating the hall– Saturday November 30, 4 PM until finished. Pizza is provided for volunteers.
- Arts & Crafts– Organize and/or run craft tables on the day of the event.
- Wreath making– Help with wreath making table on the day of the event.
- Tear down– Sunday December 1st, 11:30 AM.
Please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com for more information.