CCSS is currently seeking individuals to serve on the Board of Directors.
Are you looking for a meaningful place to volunteer? Would you like to use your expertise to help shape the future of a charitable organization? We are looking for folks who enjoy collaborative thinking, working as part of a team and share a passion for our Mission.
Our Mission: Working together to strengthen our community by improving access to healthy food, recreation, life-long learning and a network of support. Nourish, connect, thrive!
Established in 2000, CCSS currently operates out of Cumberland School to provide a Healthy Lunch Program, After-School Activities, drop-in Youth Centre, Community Programs and the Cumberland Food Share. Although we work closely with the school, we are a separate entity from both the public school and the PAC.
CCSS Board Recruitment Timeline
- Informal discussions and inquiries to be held year round
- Applications due annually September 15
- Interviews to be held early to mid October
- Election to the Board of Directors to be held at the November AGM, typically the third Tuesday in November
- Orientation to be conducted at the inaugural Board of Directors meeting, typically the 4th Tuesday in November.
Requirements of CCSS Board of Directors
- Volunteer commitment of 6-10 hours per month, at least 3 of which will be directed towards fundraising
- Actively participate in monthly board meetings
- Read and respond to emails between meetings
- Participate in one or more committees of the Board
- Support CCSS fundraising efforts
- Volunteer at CCSS events such as Kids’ Disco, Thunderballs, Bingo, or others which may occur
- Solicit sponsors and donors
- Participate in consensus decision making processes at Board and Committee meetings
- Commit to a one year term beginning in November each year.
How to apply: Fill out our Board Member Application Form by September 30, 2022.