Be part of this exciting annual fundraiser where Dunsmuir Avenue comes alive with the spectacle of 4000 racing golf balls! Over $5,500 in prizes to be won. Proceeds from the event support our Food Program, After-School Programming and drop-in Youth Centre.
- 1st Prize: $1,000 cash
- 2nd Prize: $750 cash
- 3rd Prize: $500 cash
- 4th Prize: Mount Washington Alpine Resort 6ix Pack Tickets
- 5th Prize: BiblioTaco Burritos for a Month (30 burritos)
- 6th Prize: Riders Pizza for a Year (one large pizza off the menu per month)
- 7th Prize: 4 hour wildlife tour for two people with Campbell River Whale Watching Adventure Tours
- 8th Prize: Paddleboard Rentals for 4 people for a full day from Beaufort Cycles
- 9th Prize: Two nights stay at Bella’s Beachfront B & B
- 10th Prize: $250 Gift Certificate from Stripes Gear. A fun, funky thermal base layer clothing line.
- 11th Prize: $250 Yard Work from Dobson’s Lawn & Gardens
- 12th Prize: $200 Gift Certificate to La-Z-Boy Furniture
- 13th Prize: The Waverley Experience for 2 (dinner, show and hotel stay)
- 14th Prize: CrossFit Dodge City Punch Pass 10 x’s classes
- 15th Prize: CrossFit Dodge City Punch Pass 10 x’s classes
- 16th Prize: 1 hour massage with Tara Miller, RMT
- 17th Prize: Mount Washington Alpine Resort Scenic Chair Ride for 4 people
Rules of Play
- Up to 4,000 tickets will be sold.
- Tickets can be purchased from CCSS staff, board members, volunteers, Tarbell’s Deli, Seeds Food Market and Cumberland Rec Centre between April 27 and May 20 (or until sold out).
- Tickets may be sold and purchased only in British Columbia.
- Balls will be released Monday May 2oth at approximately 9:30 AM on Dunsmuir Avenue between 1st and 2nd Avenue.
- Balls will remain the property of CCSS.
- Each ball will be numbered corresponding to the number on each Thunderballs ticket. The individuals’s names that appear on the ticket stubs that correspond to the balls in order of finishing will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners will be posted on this website and the CCSS Facebook page within 24 hours of the event.
- Winning balls will be selected by the Race Marshall.
- By entering, winners consent to the publication and use of their name for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfers or exchanges of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes.
- Chances are 1 in 4,000 to win a grand prize. In the event of unforseen circumstances the Cumberland Community Schools Society reserves the right to select the winning balls by random draw in accordance with BC Gaming regulations. Organizers reserve the right to cancel Thunderballs 2019 or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason.
- Individuals do not need to be present at the event to win a prize.
- This event is subject to BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch Regulations, Gaming License # 115913.
Thank you to the following sponsors for their support:
- Cumberland Hotel
- ICI Carriers
- La-Z-Boy Furniture
- Millo Martin
- Rusty Rooster life.style
- Tara Miller, RMT
- The Wandering Moose Cafe
- West & Co. Boutique Consignment
- Cumberland Events Society
- The Waverley Hotel
Photo Credit: Sara Kempner Photography