Our 5th annual Thunderballs fundraiser! This event features up to 4,000 golf balls rolling down Dunsmuir Avenue in an exciting race with over $6,000 worth of prizes to be won. Net proceeds from this event support our lunch program, after-school programming and drop-in youth centre.
Tickets on sale from CCSS Staff & Board Members, Tarbell’s Deli, Rare Bird Bookshop Cumberland Rec Centre, at the Driftwood Mall on Saturday May 12 and at Cumberland Village Market Day (May 19). $5 each or 5 for $20.
- 1st Prize: One roundtrip flight for two guests, to any regularly scheduled WestJet destination.
- 2nd Prize: $500 Gift Certificate to Dodge City Cycles
- 3rd Prize: Riders Pizza for a Year (one large pizza off the menu per month)
- 4th Prize: Gravity MTB 4 hours private coaching, plus $50 Gift Certificate to the Waverley Hotel
- 5th Prize: Paddleboard rental for 4 from Beaufort Cycles. $240 value.
- 6th Prize: $200 Gift Certificate to Mountain City Cycles
- 7th Prize: 4 hours of yardwork from Dobson’s Lawn & Gardens.
- 8th Prize: One roundtrip ticket for two guests, to anywhere Tofino Bus travels.
- 9th Prize: 2 night stay at Bella’s Beachfront B & B, plus $25 Gift Certificate to Union Street Grill
- 10th Prize: Print by Kevin Hamling
- 11th Prize: $100 Gift Certificate to Ashley Home Store, plus $50 Gift Certificate to 4 Quarters Restaurant
- 12th Prize: $50 Gift Certificate to Ashley Home Store, plus $25 Gift Certificate to Union Street Grill
- 13th Prize: 1 hour massage with Tara Miller, RMT
- 14th Prize: $50 Gift Certificate to 4 Quarters Restaurant
Rules of Play
- Up to 4,000 tickets will be sold.
- Tickets can be purchased from CCSS staff, board members, Tarbell’s Deli, Rare Bird Bookshop and Cumberland Rec Centre between April 27 and May 20.
- Minors can purchase tickets with a guardian’s consent.
- Tickets may be sold and purchased only in British Columbia.
- Balls will be released Monday May 21st at approximately 9:30 AM on Dunsmuir Avenue between 1st and 2nd Avenue.
- Balls will remain the property of CCSS.
- Each ball will be numbered corresponding to the number on each Thunderballs ticket. The individuals’s names that appear on the ticket stubs that correspond to the balls in order of finishing will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners will be posted on this website and the CCSS Facebook page within 24 hours of the event, or can be obtained by contacting Sue Loveless at firstname.lastname@example.org, 250-336-8511.
- Winning balls will be selected by the Race Marshall.
- Be entering, winners consent to the publication and use of their name for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfers or exchanges of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes.
- Chances are 1 in 4,000 to win a grand prize. In the event of unforseen circumstances the Cumberland Community Schools Society reserves the right to select the winning balls by random draw in accordance with BC Gaming regulations. Organizers reserve the right to cancel Thunderballs 2018 or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason.
- Individuals do not need to be present at the event to win a prize.
- This event is subject to BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch Regulations, Gaming License # 104448.
Thank you to the following sponsors for their support:
- Dodge City Cycles
- Cumberland Village Bakery
- Tofino Bus
- Riders Pizza
- Gravity MTB
- Kevin Hamling
- Dobson’s Lawn & Gardens
- Kirsten Werner, RMT
- Melissa Moser, RHN
- Morrice Transportation
- Creative Clarity Consulting
- Hailcraft Inc.
- The Joint Physiotherapy
- Bella’s Beachfront B & B
- Beaufort Cycles
- Mountain City Cycles
- Plum Midwifery
- Paul Weber
- Ronni Lister Personal Real Estate Corporation
- Ashley Home Store
- Wandering Moose Cafe
- Omnitracs Canada
- 4 Quarters Restaurant
- West & Co. Consignment Boutique
- Rusty Rooster Lifestyle
- Ryan Williams Real Estate Team
- ICI Carriers
- Union Street Grill
- The Waverley Hotel
- Tara Miller, RMT
- Courtenay Family Chiropractic
Chances are 1 in 4,000 to win a grand prize. BC Gaming Event License #104448
Problem Gambling Help Line 1-888-795-6111 www.bcresponsiblegambling.ca
Know your limit, play within it 19+
Photo Credit: McKinnon Photography