We are looking for casual staff to join our Youth Centre team. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with youth and be self-directed.
Youth Support Worker- Casual
Overview: The Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. This is a casual position with no fixed hours. Successful candidate will be asked to fill in when needed. $18.03/hour.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in related field (Child and Youth Care, Social Services, Counselling, Human Services)
- First Aid Certification (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgmental and consistent manner
- Effective leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and handle potentially sensitive incidents
- Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to develop and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Successful applicant must provide a criminal record clearance
- Must be available to work evenings. Youth Centre is open Mondays and Thursdays, 2:45- 6:15 PM and Fridays 2:45- 8 PM.
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘youth support worker application’. Deadline to apply is Sunday January 5th.