CCSS is looking for part-time (12 hrs/week) and casual staff to join our Youth Centre team this fall.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with youth and be self-directed.
Under the supervision of the CCSS Executive Director, the Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. The Youth Worker will also develop and facilitate drop-in programming and activities on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education & Training
- Educational background in a relevant field of study
- First Aid (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- Experience developing and facilitating programs and workshops
A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgemental and consistent manner
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Effective leadership and communication skills: ability to facilitate group discussions, handle potentially sensitive incidents and resolve conflict
- Ability to create and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work evenings
- Criminal record clearance
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘youth worker application’. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.