Youth Support Worker- Casual
Overview: The Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. This is a casual position with no fixed hours. Successful candidate will be asked to fill in when needed. $18.03/hour.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in related field (Child and Youth Care, Social Services, Counselling, Human Services)
- First Aid Certification (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgmental and consistent manner
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Effective leadership and communication skills: ability to facilitate group discussions, handle potentially sensitive incidents and resolve conflict
- Ability to develop and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Criminal record clearance
- Must be available to work evenings. Youth Centre is open Mondays and Thursdays, 2:45- 6:15 PM and Fridays 2:45- 8 PM.
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘youth support worker application’.
After-School Program Leaders
We are currently looking for instructors to develop and facilitate after-school programs for students in grades K-9. Content of programs are based on instructors skill set- art, crafts, games, or outdoor adventures! Fall session runs September to November. Winter session runs January to March. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays from 2:45- 3:45 PM. For more information please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com or 250-336-8511 ext. 76611, please fill out the following form. Both paid and volunteer positions available.
Community Program Instructors
CCSS offers Community Programs for all ages and we are always looking for new program leaders and ideas. If you have a skill or expertise you’d like to share with your community please fill out the following form, or contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.