CCSS strives to create an atmosphere where staff are valued and have the opportunity to learn, grow, contribute and be connected to their community. Interested in joining our team? Please see list below for current employment opportunities.
Youth Support Worker- Casual
Under the supervision of the CCSS Executive Director, the Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in related field (Child and Youth Care, Social Services, Counselling, Human Services)
- First Aid Certification (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgemental and consistent manner
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Effective leadership and communication skills: ability to facilitate group discussions, handle potentially sensitive incidents and resolve conflict
- Ability to develop and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work evenings
- Criminal record clearance
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘youth support worker application’. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program Leader for K-9 After-School Programs
We are currently looking for instructors to develop and facilitate after-school programs for students in grades K-9. Content of programs are based on instructors skill set- art, crafts, games, or outdoor adventures! Fall 2019 session runs September to December. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday starting at 2:45 PM. For more information please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-336-8511 ext. 76611
Community Program Instructors
CCSS offers Community Programs for all ages and we are always looking for new program leaders and ideas. If you have a skill or expertise you’d like to share with your community please fill out the following form, or contact our Executive Director at email@example.com.