CCSS strives to create an atmosphere where staff are valued and have the opportunity to learn, grow, contribute and be connected to their community. Interested in joining our team? Please see list below for current employment opportunities.
Youth Support Worker- Casual
Overview: The Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. This is a casual position with no fixed hours. Successful candidate will be asked to fill in when needed. $18.03/hour.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in related field (Child and Youth Care, Social Services, Counselling, Human Services)
- First Aid Certification (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive relationships with youth
- Ability to work with youth in a respectful, non-judgmental and consistent manner
- Effective leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and handle potentially sensitive incidents
- Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to develop and facilitate programming based on needs and interests of participants
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Successful applicant must provide a criminal record clearance
- Must be available to work evenings. Youth Centre is open Mondays and Thursdays, 2:45- 6:15 PM and Fridays 2:45- 8 PM.
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Develop and facilitate drop-in activities (ie. pool tournament, games night, arts & crafts, skills workshops)
- Evaluate and adjust programming based on needs of participants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘youth support worker application’.
Program Leader for K-9 After-School Programs
We are currently looking for instructors to develop and facilitate after-school programs for students in grades K-9. Content of programs are based on instructors skill set- art, music, crafts, games, or outdoor adventures! Winter 2019 session runs January to March, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday starting at 2:45 PM. Spring session runs April to June. For more information please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com or 250-336-8511 ext. 76611 or fill out the following form.
Community Program Instructors
CCSS offers Community Programs for all ages and we are always looking for new program leaders and ideas. If you have a skill or expertise you’d like to share with your community please fill out the following form, or contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After-School Art Instructor
We are currently looking for an art instructor to develop and teach a 6-8 week program for students aged 5-8 and/or aged 9-12. Programs take place fall (Sept- Nov), winter (Jan-March) and spring (April-June).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Interested candidates must be available 1 day a week from 2:45- 4 PM
- Experience working with children
- Experience developing and facilitating programs
- A clear Criminal Record Check
CCSS instructors are given the choice to volunteer their time or receive remuneration at a rate of $20/hour. To apply, send email expressing interest along with a resume and 2 professional references to email@example.com.