CCSS strives to create an atmosphere where staff are valued and have the opportunity to learn, grow, contribute and be connected to their community. Interested in joining our team? Please see list below for current employment opportunities.
Youth Support Worker- Casual
Under the supervision of the CCSS Executive Director, the Youth Support Worker is responsible for supervising and engaging youth attending the CCSS Youth Centre. Wage: $17/hour
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in related field (Child and Youth Care, Social Services, Counselling, Human Services)
- First Aid Certification (OFA Level 1 or equivalent)
- At least one year experience working with youth aged 11 to 15
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to engage and motivate youth to participate in activities
- Knowledge of available resources for youth in the Comox Valley
- Effective leadership and communication skills: ability to facilitate group discussions, handle potentially sensitive incidents and resolve conflict
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Criminal record clearance
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Provide supervision and meaningfully engage youth attending Youth Centre
- Facilitate drop-in programming as required (ie. pool tournament, games night)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth
- Provide “next steps” information and/or referrals to youth seeking extra support
- Maintain daily records as required
- Attend any training or meetings as designated by the Executive Director
- Maintain cleanliness of Youth Centre
The successful candidate will work out of the CCSS Youth Centre at Cumberland Community School. This is a casual position with no fixed hours. Successful candidate will be asked to fill in when needed.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line ‘on call youth worker application’.
Program Leader for K-9 After-School Programs
We are currently looking for instructors to develop and facilitate after-school programs for students in grades K-9. Content of programs are based on instructors skill set- art, crafts, games, or outdoor adventures! Winter 2018 session runs January to March, Spring 2018 session runs April to June. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday starting at 2:45 PM. For more information please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-336-8511 ext. 76611
Community Program Instructors
CCSS offers Community Programs for all ages and we are always looking for new program leaders and ideas. If you have a skill or expertise you’d like to share with your community please fill out the following form, or contact our Executive Director at email@example.com.