Mamacentric, celebrating the joys and challenges of motherhood.
A free, drop-in program designed for moms with babies to toddler aged children. Guest speakers, facilitated discussion and a chance to connect with other moms in your community.
New time and place! Tuesdays 1 – 2:30 PM at the Cumberland Cultural Centre. FMI please contact email@example.com or follow our Mamacentric Facebook page. Details on COVID-19 Safety Protocols can be found below.
Facilitator: Serena Oliveira
- When: Tuesdays 1- 2:30 PM.
- Where: Cumberland Cultural Centre 2674 Dunsmuir Avenue. Upstairs in the Moncrief Hall. Enter through back door by parking lot.
COVID-19 RESTART PLAN
The Cumberland Community Schools Society (CCSS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for staff, volunteers and clients. The purpose of this document is to outline safety protocols to limit the transmission of COVID-19 during the restart of our Mamacentric Program. The information in this document is based on provincial guidelines issued by WorkSafe BC, the Ministry of Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control. It will be updated as the situation changes and new information becomes available.
Mamacentric is a gathering place for moms with babies to toddler aged children. Pre-COVID, the group met face to face at Cumberland Community School every Tuesday afternoon. Since the onset of COVID-19, the group has been meeting online via Zoom. Starting Tuesday June 9th, the program will transition to meeting outside with the following safety protocols:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must NOT attend. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Participants will remain at least 2 metres (6 feet) apart. Hula hoops will be set out to mark the appropriate distance. Hoops will be sanitized before and after the session.
- The facilitator will track attendance (both name and contact info of all participants). This information will remain confidential unless required by health authorities for tracing contacts.
- Participants must bring their own food and drinks (no sharing).
- Participants must bring their own toys (no sharing).
- Participants will be notified in advance that there is currently no access to washrooms, handwashing sink or other school facilities. CCSS will provide hand sanitizer.